Sunday, January 22, 2006

Falling in love with scone

I am determined to give scones a try after reading an article from Fine Cooking about how EASY it is to make fresh, tender and tasty scones. (not to mention that it's much cheaper to make them myself than to buy from the bakery shop.

On the hindsight, I must admit that it was not that difficult, but it was a bit messy, since the dough for scones was very wet, and meant to be that way."Scones benefited from minimal handling" according to my trusted Martha Stewart's baking handbook. In order to achieve that, I had to use my hands instead of mixer to mix the ingredients and freeze to harden before baking them in the oven.

But it's worth the effort, for the scones that came out freshly from the oven smelt heavenly and the texture was soooooo tender and crumbly, which I like. OCT had a "sore throat" and regretted that he could not eat the scone. According to him, the oats in the scone would worsen his pain...What a polite way to turn down his wife. (Actually he does't like oats)...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails