Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's finally here!


This is the parcel that I have been waiting for a long time, too long....since ST sent it out mid Dec. This must be the best day I have had since coming to St Louis. I received the parcel from the postman, who appeared to be the nicest person i have ever met in St Louis.


The phone rang before I managed to open the card. It was OCT, asking if I have received the parcel yet. He sounded more excited than I did and asked what's in the parcel.
"I don't know yet" I said.
"open it now la~" He urged.
"I will, after I hang up" I replied.
"ceh~"He said.

And this is what I found:

My eyes were all teary, and started to cry quite uncontrollably... Don't ask me why, because one should know: receiving a gift or even just a card from a dear friend is just the most moving thing that can happen to one, especially in a foreign land.

Thanks ST! What else can I say? For everything and every moment that you were there for me when I needed a friend by my side. Thanks for being such a supportive and accommodating friend all these years. For being there during my first breakup, my ups and downs, and the countless adventures we had together. For the April Fool we spent in Bangkok, Harbour Bridge we conquered, the afternoon in Darling Harbour, the most hilarous memory of "Better Man" in Rudy's Audi, the endless buffets, the $7/8 orange juice at One Fullerton Bar ( outrageously expensive to us back then) just to name a few.....

Life is so different and difficult, I must admit, without you...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails