Friday, January 27, 2006

Last attempt to finish the buttermilk

In an attempt to use up the buttermilk, we had buttermilk mash potaotes for carbohydrate yesterday night. This is my first time using buttermilk with potatoes, so I was plesantly surprised by how well they went together.

I also baked the chicken leg quarters for the second time this week. And used the pancake syrup in place of sugar in the marinate. I guessed my main intention was to use up whatever that's approaching their expiring dates.

Later after dinner, I dragged myself into kitchen for another round of baking. Only to realise that I ran out of eggs! It was too late to go out and replenish, so I could only make and later frezee the dough for oat and cranberries scones. My last attempt to use as much buttermilk as possible. Still, there's half a carton that needed to go into the bin at the end of the day.

Trust me, after using it to make 3 batches of scones, 2 loaves of banana & nut breads and 2-day portion of mashed potatoes, I tried my best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Chin Tong for us. Was led from BP's blog to this one. From one novice baker to another, just keep trying.

Related Posts with Thumbnails