Thursday, March 09, 2006

Barbecue Meatloaf

We have Barbecue meatloaf with rice tonight. Another fusion meal. Meatloaf is popular in the US. So popular that there are so many different versions of it. I tried the basic ones before, in whick ketchup was used. This time, I do a BBQ version using my new meatloaf pan.

I like it better than the ketchup version. OCT has no preference. He said he can't remember how the other version taste, but he is sure that two versions are equally nice. I prefer to eat meatloaf with bread. It simply tastes better, than eating with rice. We have so much leftover that I don't have to cook dinner tomorrow. Perhaps I should bake something tomorrow?



Barbecue Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion (I also added finely diced carrots)
1/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided1 tablespoon
prepared mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (I used paprika)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large egg whites
Cooking spray

Preparations:

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, and onion, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut loaf into 12 slices.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 slices)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails