Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ginger Chicken and roasted cauliflower



Tonight's dinner is another east meet west kind of meal. Ginger chicken is one dish that I learnt from my good friend cum ex-housemate Ying Ying back in Singapore. Though I have cooked it plenty of times, I think hers is still the best!

I have a head of cauliflower that I bought on impulse last week, still sitting in the fridge. It has treaten to rot, if I decided not to eat it up soon. So, I checked out a few trusted sites to get some inspirations to cook it up. Of course I can steam, boil or simply stirfry it. But to be totally honest, I am never a cauliflower fan. And I deeply regret buying it just because it was on sale. Now, I have to turn this veggie that I don't care much into something I enjoy...not to forget OCT who doesn't seem to have any interest in cauliflower too.

In the end, I decided to roast the cauliflower. I have pretty good experience with roasting vegetables so far. It is simply a process of caramelizing the veggie under a very high heat. Plus this is a recipe from Emeril Lagasse! And the many positively reassuring reviews on this recipe.

It is a pretty simple recipe. Just toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic and some lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and bake in 500F oven for 15 mins. It couldn't be simpler! And it tastes so good! This is going to be my official method of cooking cauliflower in the future. I can't wait to eat the leftover tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails