Monday, May 08, 2006

Strawberry Bread

It's Monday, and I am feeling a bit better. I want to bake something, preferably something simple, to make up for the baking that I missed during last weekend.

I chanced upon this recipe from the internet, using strawberry. Perfect, I have a whole box of Strawberries in the fridge, screaming to be used! So, I went on my business and whipped up a loaf of strawberry bread! Simple but flavourful.

Strawberry Bread
(makes 1 loaf)

1.5cups flour
1 /2teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cups fresh chopped strawberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Add egg and oil; mix well. Stir in berries and nuts until evenly distributed - batter will be thick. Grease & flour two 9" loaf pans and divide batter evenly into each. Bake at 350 approx. 1 hour. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this make one loaf or two loaves?

Related Posts with Thumbnails